Public Health, B.S.
Overall GPA of 2.75 is required.
120 Overall Credits Required
LIBERAL EDUCATION PROGRAM AND WRITING REQUIREMENTS
Liberal Education Program
45 Credits Required
Students must complete a comprehensive three-tiered Liberal Education Program (LEP). View all requirements of the tiers on the Liberal Education Program.
While the choice of courses that fulfill the requirements is generally left up to students, some departments require that students select specific courses to complement their major. This major has specific Tier requirements/restrictions for the following:
Tier 1 – Quantitative Reasoning:
MAT 107 – Elementary Statistics
Writing Requirements (“W-Courses”)
Three W-courses are required. These may not be taken until after a student has passed ENG 112 — Writing Arguments. W-courses may count toward LEP, major, or cognate requirements, as well as free electives. Course sections that meet this requirement are designated by section numbers ending in “W”.
Transfer students who enter with 60 to 89 credits are required to pass two W-courses, while transfer students who enter with 90 credits or more must pass one W-course.
48 Credits Required
- PCH 202 — Introduction to Public Health
- PCH 259 — Environmental Health
- PCH 265 — Illness and Disease
- PCH 275 — Introduction to Health Promotion
- PCH 340 — Public Health Research
- PCH 342 — Introduction to Epidemiology
- PCH 351 — Health in Society
- PCH 358 — Health Policy
- PCH 362 — Public Health Management
- PCH 440 — Food Hygiene
- PCH 441 — Water Supply and Waste-Water Treatment
- PCH 456 — Health Promotion Strategies
- PCH 457 — Public Health Communication
- PCH 458 — Program Planning
- PCH 497 – Public Health Internship (6 credits)
No cognates are required for this program.