120 Overall Credits Required
LIBERAL EDUCATION PROGRAM AND WRITING REQUIREMENTS
Liberal Education Program
45 Credits Required
Students must complete a comprehensive three-tiered Liberal Education Program (LEP). View all requirements of the tiers on the Liberal Education Program.
While the choice of courses that fulfill the requirements is generally left up to students, some departments require that students select specific courses to complement their major. This major has specific Tier requirements/restrictions for the following:
There are no categories with specific requirements in this program.
Writing Requirements (“W-Courses”)
Three W-courses are required. These may not be taken until after a student has passed ENG 112 — Writing Arguments. W-courses may count toward LEP, major, or cognate requirements, as well as free electives. Course sections that meet this requirement are designated by section numbers ending in “W”.
Transfer students who enter with 60 to 89 credits are required to pass two W-courses, while transfer students who enter with 90 credits or more must pass one W-course.
30 Credits Required
- Select 30 credits of ITA
3 Credits Required
Select 3 credits of World Literature from:
- LIT 326 — Dante and His Times
- LIT 328 — Literature of Medieval Europe
- LIT 330 — Renaissance in Europe 1350-1650
- LIT 338 — Russian Novel of the 19th Century
- LIT 342 — Dostoyevsky
- LIT 346 — Russian Short Story
- LIT 348 — Modern Literature and Other Arts
- LIT 354 — European Novel and Short Story 1945 to Present
- LIT 370 — Contemporary French Novel
- LIT 374 — Modern German Literature
- LIT 382 — Contemporary Latin American Literature
- LIT 406 — Classical Drama
- LIT 488 — Seminar in World Literature