Anthropology, B.S. - Concentration: Cultural
120 Overall Credits Required
LIBERAL EDUCATION PROGRAM AND WRITING REQUIREMENTS
Liberal Education Program
48 Credits Required
Students must complete a comprehensive three-tiered Liberal Education Program (LEP). View all requirements of the tiers on the Liberal Education Program. Any credits over 48 are counted toward free electives.
While the choice of courses that fulfill the requirements is generally left up to students, some departments require that students select specific courses to complement their major. This major has specific Tier requirements/restrictions for the following:
Tier 2 – Natural World II: Life & Environment: Select option other than ANT 102
Tier 2 – Social Structure, Conflict, and Consensus: Select option other than ANT 101
Tier 2 – Time and Place: Select option other than ANT 205
Tier 3 – Capstone: Select option other than ANT 470
Writing Requirements (“W-Courses”)
Three W-courses are required. These may not be taken until after a student has passed ENG 112 — Writing Arguments. W-courses may count toward LEP, major, or cognate requirements, as well as free electives. Course sections that meet this requirement are designated by section numbers ending in “W”.
Transfer students who enter with 60 to 89 credits are required to pass two W-courses, while transfer students who enter with 90 credits or more must pass one W-course.
36 Credits Required
GPA of 2.5 for all courses required in the major.
Select one Methods course from:
Select 12 Credits from:
- ANT 201 - The Global Community
- ANT 206 – Cultural Ecology
- ANT 211 - Art of Ethnographic Writing
- ANT 214 – American Tongues: Everyday Politics of Speaking
- ANT 224 - Children and Language
- ANT 225 - Peoples and Cultures of Central and South America
- ANT 235 – Archaeological Fact and Fiction
- ANT 260 – Anthropology of Media
- ANT 311 – Applied Anthropology
- ANT 312 – Medical Anthropology
- ANT 320 – Visual Anthropology
- ANT 321 – Indians of North America
- ANT 323 – Women in Prehistory
- ANT 330 – Anthropology of Religion
- ANT 331 – People and Cultures of the Caribbean
- ANT 340 – Ritual Expressions
- ANT 355 – Native American Women
- ANT 374 – Language, Gender, and Sexuality
- ANT 380 – Anthropology of Women and Health
- ANT 390 – Ethics in Anthropology
- ANT 430 – Global Women’s Issues
No cognates are required for this program.
Remaining credits to reach Overall Credits Required (listed above).