German 7-12, B.S.
This program has a separate admission process. Please consult the admission requirements for this program for more information.
Overall GPA of 2.7 Required
120 Overall Credits Required
LIBERAL EDUCATION PROGRAM AND WRITING REQUIREMENTS
Liberal Education Program
48 Credits Required
Students must complete a comprehensive three-tiered Liberal Education Program (LEP). View all requirements of the tiers on the Liberal Education Program. Any credits over 48 are counted toward free electives.
While the choice of courses that fulfill the requirements is generally left up to students, some departments require that students select specific courses to complement their major. This major has specific Tier requirements/restrictions for the following:
Tier 2 – Mind and Body:
SHE 203 – School Health
Tier 3 – Capstone:
WLL 403 – Introduction to Second Language Acquisition
Writing Requirements (“W-Courses”)
Three W-courses are required. These may not be taken until after a student has passed ENG 112 — Writing Arguments. W-courses may count toward LEP, major, or cognate requirements, as well as free electives. Course sections that meet this requirement are designated by section numbers ending in “W”.
Transfer students who enter with 60 to 89 credits are required to pass two W-courses, while transfer students who enter with 90 credits or more must pass one W-course.
62 Credits Required
30 Credits Required
GER 200 - German III
- GER 301 – Conversation
- GER 306 – Advanced German Culture and Language Practice in Germany
- GER 397 – Internship
- GER 306 - Advanced German Culture and Language Practice in Germany
- GER 310 - German Civilization
- GER 311 - 20th-Century German Culture Through Film
Select 4 additional GER courses at the 400-level
32 Credits Required
EDU 316 - Child Development and Psychology for Educators
EDU 413 – Secondary Education
EDU 471 - Supporting English Learners for School Success (formerly IDS 471)
RDG 470 – Literacy in the Content Areas (formerly IDS 470)
SED 482 – Teaching Exceptional Students in the Secondary Education Classroom
WLL 211 – Introduction to Linguistics
A minimum passing score of 'Advanced Low' is required on the ACTFL OPI and WPT prior to student teaching.
3 Credits Required
Select 3 credits of World Literature from:
- LIT 326 — Dante and His Times
- LIT 328 — Literature of Medieval Europe
- LIT 330 — Renaissance in Europe 1350-1650
- LIT 338 — Russian Novel of the 19th Century
- LIT 342 — Dostoyevsky
- LIT 346 — Russian Short Story
- LIT 348 — Modern Literature and Other Arts
- LIT 354 — European Novel and Short Story 1945 to Present
- LIT 370 — Contemporary French Novel
- LIT 374 — Modern German Literature
- LIT 382 — Contemporary Latin American Literature
- LIT 406 — Classical Drama
- LIT 488 — Seminar in World Literature
Students must take remaining credits to reach Overall Credits Required (listed above).